Connectors help to reduce the time and cost of upgrading and maintaining component units in the equipment. When upgrading or repairing equipment, only the faulty parts need to be removed and replaced with new units without involving the whole system or equipment.
Connectors bring more accessible ports to the equipment, effectively increasing the expansion capacity of the equipment where it is located, which helps to reduce the difficulty of the design and production of equipment, and effectively save design time and reduce production costs.
There are three general criteria for connector quality:
- Electrical Performance
There are three types of electrical properties as follows, contact resistance, insulation resistance and electrical resistance.
• Contact resistance: the resistance of the contact between the connector and the device, if the contact resistance is too large, the connector end is prone to generate great heat, resulting in connector aging, or even cause a fire.
• Insulation resistance: the insulation of the connector, insulation resistance is too small may damage the normal operation of the circuit.
• Dielectric strength: the connector's ability to resist breakdown of the insulator under the action of high-voltage shock.
- Mechanical properties
Mechanical properties refer to the durability and pull-out force of the connector.
• Durability: durability of the connector as a cycle of insertion and extraction, after a specific cycle of the connector can still work properly as a criterion
• Pull-out force: he forces required to insert and pull out the connector.
Environmental performance mainly refers to the reliability and stability of the connector's work performance after being affected by the external environment. Common environmental performance includes temperature resistance, humidity resistance, corrosion resistance, etc.